Saturday, May 5, 2012

Wiped out.

Ella and I have both been stricken by some kind of nasty cold/flu illness, which has left me feeling a bit like I've been hit by a Mack truck.  Not an ideal state of being for exercise, which sucks, but I'm in no position right now to do anything except recover.  I will say, though, I'm feeling somewhat better today than I was yesterday, so hopefully I'm over the hump.

Before I got sick, I'd mapped out a couple of routes from my house using mapmyrun.com that were close to 5K, just so I could get used to walking the distance.  Since, let's be realistic, I'll be walking most of my upcoming 5K.   Anyway, I've headed out twice so far.  The farthest I've gotten (mainly due to it getting dark) is 2.27 miles in about 43 minutes.  Which means that by January, I need/want to shave about 4 min/mile off my pace.  Sheesh.  

My short legs are not fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment