Tuesday, May 1, 2012

About that fundraising...

As I mentioned in my first post, part of being on Team AllEars is helping to raise funds to support Deb Wills on her Avon Walk for Breast Cancer.  She's a 25-year survivor, and last year, with the help of Team AllEars, raised over $100,000.  Pretty amazing.

Each member of the team has to commit to raising a minimum of $500.  So far, I've raised just over $50, by selling an old GPS on eBay and a few books on Amazon. (I can't seem to figure out how to update that on my little widget over there, though. Will work on that.)

Much like I've never run in my life, I've never fund-raised (raised funds?  That sounds better.) in my life either.  My ideas are nil.

Do you have any really good, kick-ass, put-me-over-the-top fundraising ideas for me, outside of blatant begging?  And let's be honest, we all know I'm not really above that.

In the meanwhile, while I'm coming up with ideas, if you're feeling a little generous, feel free to click the little button over there and send some fundage my way.  I'd really, really appreciate it -- any amount helps.  :)


2 comments:

  1. How did I not know you were doing this? Pick a day. I'll come over after work and bring you all of my fund-raising stuff from the three-day. You're gonna kick it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I raised more than $2,000 in a time before Facebook and Twitter (what??? There was a time before Facebook and Twitter??). Girl, you got this. Don't sweat it. :)

    ReplyDelete